If at first you don't succeed... order pizza.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bonus Recipe!

I just remembered one dish that would be completely unfair to keep all to myself... Ina Garten's Easy Sticky Buns! I made a half recipe of these sinful little treats for a brunch at my sister-in-law's house for my mother-in-laws birthday on Friday. They are everything you could want in a sweet, breakfast pastry-- flaky, gooey, sweet, crunchy, chewy... everything all at once. Five ingredients is all you need(I leave out the raisins) and what's even better is that you do not have to make the dough! I repeat: no proofing, no measuring, no mixing, no rising, no kneading... nothing. Ina was a genius when she thought to use frozen, store-bought puff pastry in this recipe. This recipe is definitely rich, which is why I halved it-- put twelve sticky buns in front of three, sweet loving women and you know they would be gone... six was definitely plenty :)

Enjoy!!!


oh and p.s. I will be trying to add photos in upcoming posts as well... I am just starting to get the hang of this :)

1 comment:

  1. I am not even hungry and those sound good! I think I will be putting those on my next menu! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete